Recipe: Alpine Granola
- 3 cups (385 g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (130 g) slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup (65 g) shredded sweet coconut
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (55 g) dark brown sugar 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (130 g) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (85 g) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) salt
- 1 cup (150 g) dried fruit, like raisins
Preheat oven to 275°F (140°C)
In a bowl, combine the oats, almonds, coconut, and brown sugar.
In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, oil, and salt.
Combine both mixtures and pour onto two sheet pans. Cook for one hour, stirring every fifteen minutes to achieve an even color.
Remove from oven and transfer into a large bowl. Add dried fruit and mix until evenly distributed.
Keeps in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
New Norm Bowl, Menu Design, Denmark
The Danish design firm Norm created the New Norm bowl for Menu, inspired by Nordic nature. The bowls are characterized by their purity and simplicity, their design is quiet, unobtrusive. Since the New Norm bowls are available in different colors and sizes, they mix with each other vividly.